Overlake Reproductive Health has partnered with Embryo Options so that you can easily access your cryopreservation accounts. Embryo Options allows patients to securely pay for their cryopreservation storage fees online, as well as gain access to a comprehensive educational website that provides assistance with making future disposition decisions.
Overlake Reproductive Health will continue to store all embryos, eggs, or sperm for enrollees in the Embryo Options program. When you no longer wish to store your embryos, eggs, or sperm, you can access your secure Embryo Options portal to learn more about your disposition options:
- Thaw & Discard
- Donate to Research
- Donate to Another Couple
- Use own Embryos, Eggs, or Sperm
It is your responsibility to pay the monthly storage fees and informing the clinic as to how you would like to dispose of your embryos, eggs or sperm when continued storage is no longer desired. You will receive notifications when payment is due through the email address that you provide.
Overlake Reproductive Health will only use the form of payment you provide Embryo Options to satisfy fees owed for cryopreservation and storage services. All personal information you provide Embryo Options is kept strictly confidential and will not be sold for marketing purposes.
To participate in the IVF program you must pre-enroll with Embryo Options prior to starting treatment.
Freqently Asked Questions
Why do I need to enroll now before I know that we have embryos?
- Your pre-enrollment allows the lab to activate your account once they place embryos in storage.
How do I know that my account has been activated and how do I access my account?
- You will receive an email from Embryo Options with a temporary username and password. You will need to register your account by changing your username and password. At that time, you can make changes to your credit card information and access the disposition forms.
Will my credit card be charged an initially?
- No. Your credit card will not be charged prior to the account being activated. Once your account is activated your card will be charged based on the contract negotiated with the clinic. In many cases this will be a year after your initial storage date.
How often will my credit card be charged?
- Monthly. You credit card will be charged monthly for storage fees.
What happens when I no longer have any specimens in storage?
- At that time the lab will close your account as long as your account balance is zero.
What do I need to do if I do not want to store my specimen any longer?
- Return the appropriate disposition form. You can access the disposition forms through your Embryo Options account. Print the form, notarize your signature and return the form to the clinic. The lab will dispose of your specimen and close the account as long as the balance is zero.
If I have both embryos and sperm in storage will they appear on one account?
- No, you will have a separate account for sperm and embryos. You may have more than one account.
How much are the monthly storage fees?
- Embryos and Oocyte – $60/month
- Sperm – $30/month
Will I receive notification of when my credit card will be charged?
- Yes, you will receive an email 45 days before your payment is due.