This section discusses all of the various reproductive medicine treatments available to our Seattle area patients. Select from the menu to learn more about all of the treatments and technologies available at Overlake Reproductive Health.
The section includes:
- Intrauterine Inseminations (IUI), also called artificial insemination, this is an in-office procedure where sperm (partner or donor) is prepared and injected directly into your uterus.
- In Vitro Fertilization or IVF is a complicated treatment that entails medically stimulating the woman’s ovaries to produce more eggs than normal, surgically removing those eggs, fertilizing those eggs with the designated sperm (partner/donor) in the laboratory, and finally transferring the appropriate number of healthy embryos back into the uterus.
- ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection is a procedure that is used in conjunction with IVF to fertilize the retrieved eggs by manually implanting a single viable sperm in each of them. This procedure is often used in male factor cases, or in couples with a history of poor fertilization rates.
- Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) the technique used with an IVF cycle to check the chromosomal status of the embryos, test for specific genetic conditions or determine their gender before the embryos are implanted back into the uterus.
- Egg Freezing is now a useful option to preserve your fertility. This can be of enormous use to women about to undergo cancer treatments, those suffering from menopause, or those just looking to delay childbearing in order to pursue other goals.
- Donor Embryo Program a win-win option that can benefit both couples with extra embryos that are no longer looking to conceive, and couples looking to reduce their costs.
- Donor Egg Programs information for both couples looking to use donor eggs, and individuals looking to donate their eggs.