This page is a walkthrough of what to expect for your first meeting with our doctors. We have compiled a list of we expect from you and detailed what you can expect from us. If you have already scheduled your appointment (thank you) or are learning more about the process please don’t hesitate to reach out with your questions about anything on this page, or anything in general.
First Visit Checklist
We have compiled this list to help prepare our patients for their first appointment. Completing all these steps ensures that your first visit will go smoothly and helps avoid possible delays in the treatment process. All of these forms can be found on our website and we have provided links . If you do not have access to a computer please contact the front desk to obtain all the necessary forms.
- Please complete the appropriate new patient paperwork 7 days before your appointment. You will need to complete two sets of paperwork. First on of the (Gynecology/Fertility) “new patient paperwork” health history forms, depending on why you are coming to see us, and also the “Front Office Paperwork”. This allows enough time for our clinical staff to go over your records properly before your appointment and our front desk staff to review your insurance coverage.
- If you cannot complete these forms before 7 days your appointment please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you haven’t already completed and submitted the front office paperwork please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow enough time to complete everything.
- If you do not have internet access or cannot get the forms online please let us know so we can help.
- We strongly encouraged you to bring your partner if you are coming to see us for help becoming pregnant.
- If you want us to check your insurance coverage before your first visit we require your complete insurance information at least 7 days before.
- Our new patient coordinator will contact you with your insurance coverage information we have obtained (only if insurance information is communicated to us at least 7 days before your first visit. If we do not receive your insurance info in time we will be unable to communicate your benefits to you prior to your first appointment.
- We strongly encourage all of our fertility patients to complete the insurance benefits self-verification form (PDF/Word) before their first visit. This helps prevent any possible miscommunication from your insurance company and helps you better understand your benefits.
- Bring photo ID and insurance cards to your first visit (for each partner, if appropriate).
- Please make sure you have acquired a referral for your initial visit (if required by your insurance company).
- Medical record requests should be filled out and returned to us, or to the clinic you are requesting records from, at least 7 days (14 days is preferred, as it can take up to two weeks for medical records requests to be processed) before the first visit. Incomplete records may delay treatment.
- We require new patients to confirm their initial appointment at least 2 days prior. If we cannot confirm your appointment, we reserve the right to reschedule it.
- (If required) Let us know if a translator will be needed. It generally takes at least 1 business day to set up a translator so please let us know ahead of time.